Ateco Group NZ Limited
In this document ‘Ateco’ refers to Ateco Group NZ Ltd (NZBN 9429030385061). Ateco is the Official Importer & Distributor for RAM Trucks, Jeep, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Mopar in New Zealand. Ateco distributes and sells a range of vehicles and related products (including financial services) in New Zealand through its appointed dealer networks.
Your personal information
Personal information collected and held by Ateco about you may include:
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- drivers licence details, including number;
- purchase details;
- warranty and service transaction information provided by our dealer network, affiliates or third parties;
- employment application information; and
- any other relevant information
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Ateco collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS) or in documents;
- directly from you, via our website (including via requests for information);
- from our dealer network when you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle repaired;
- from your agents or representatives who act on your behalf;
- from competition entry forms or at our promotional activities or sponsored events;
- from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf;
- from third parties who you have asked or permitted to provide your personal information (including those parties from whom you purchase goods and services);
- from marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
- from industry databases;
- from publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and
- from law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies.
We may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. We may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely. We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example, online marketing activities.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide and market products and services for the brands Ateco imports and distributes, and to provide and market products of our related companies and dealerships (whether directly or through our related companies and dealerships);
- communicate to you in relation to our products, services and our promotional activities;
- purchase from you;
- support your purchase through warranty and roadside assistance (whether directly or through our dealerships);
- comply with our legal obligations (ie. in the event of a Vehicle Safety Recall);
- monitor our performance and to help us manage our services;
- identify and contact individuals who do business with us;
- train our employees, agents, dealers and representatives;
- conduct customer and market research and analytics to improve the quality of our products and services;
- assess and process employment applications and manage employment issues;
- handle complaints and disputes;
- detect, investigating and preventing fraud; and
- contact and communicate with you either via telephone, post, facsimile, email or SMS.
We may contact you with marketing material about our products or services, special offers, promotions and events that may be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have agreed to such communications, such as by opting in to direct marketing communications or providing us with your personal details in circumstances where we have indicated that we will provide you with marketing material, including special offers or information relating to special offers, promotions and events. These marketing communications may include joint promotions with our dealers or other promotion partners and may be sent to you using any contact details provided by you, such as email or SMS. If you do not want to receive such marketing material from us or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related entities or dealerships for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting us using our contact details provided below, or by utilising the “unsubscribe” function in electronic communications from the organisation. In some circumstances, we may need to contact you to obtain additional information, verify your identity or to clarify your request in order to action it. Your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us will continue to remain valid if you do not opt out or unsubscribe when you are offered the opportunity to do so in the direct marketing communications sent to you and will remain current on an ongoing basis unless and until you advise otherwise. We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Ateco. These organisations may include:
- our appointed dealers;·
- outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including:
- roadside assistance;
- customer research;
- financial services and insurance;
- mailing systems and direct marketing; and
- market research;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities or organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our related bodies corporate;
- the agent(s) of any of those entities referred to above
- your employer (where applicable);
- third parties where it is necessary for the sale of any part of our business or as part of any dispute; and
- our advisors (including legal and accounting advisors).
Those entities are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. We may also disclose personal information to third parties where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
Our related entities and some of our service providers (including information technology service providers) may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by Ateco may be transferred overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time, but may include Italy, France, China, Australia, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Korea. Where we disclose your information internationally, we will ensure that the recipient agencies protect your information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
How we hold and store your personal information
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers or dealerships, they may also hold copies of your personal information. We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. Your personal information is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Ateco takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to this information such as your name and address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access and request a correction of your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access or correct your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and we may charge a fee for providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you wish to notify us of your new contact details, update your personal information, opt-out of direct marketing, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact our Information and Privacy Officer by:
Telephone: 09 979 8000
Mail: PO Box 12075, Penrose 1642, New Zealand
Making a Complaint
If you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint. We will attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with our internal complaint’s resolution process. If you are not happy with our response to your complaint or with our response to an access or correction request, you may also contact the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.